Spirent Network Emulator Intro
I just received a Spirent Network Emulator (SNE) demo unit. It is my new favorite tool. I already have so many ideas on how to incorporate it into my network lab to provide new functionality. I am going to post a series of videos based on the SNE and its capabilities.
Until then, this is a short video showing the basic Spirent Network Emulator interface and features.
This is an overview of the features on this multi-user/multi-port network emulation platform:
- Multi-port – up to 16 1GbE or 8 10GbE ports
- Connect any-port to any-port without limitations
- Delay emulation up to 9 seconds at 10GbE/1GbE
- Over 55+ impairments and tools
- Audio and video modification and corruption
- Packet fragmentation and reordering
- Includes generic full packet inspection and filtering
- Packet modification; change any bits or bytes of any packet
- Load generators
- Network simulation – create complex multi-hop networks using Virtual Routers for cloud, data-center, customer and WAN simulation.
Link to Spirent Network Emulator product page on Spirent.com: